Some Hints for Shorter Turn Times
Appraising is a constantly changing profession. On a regular basis, it seems, appraisers are asked to present extra information or have steps added to their research. All of this is to guarantee their client is presented with the best information possible. To keep up with the always changing requirements, All State Appraisal Partners, Inc. is continuously testing additional tools and improving processes to increase efficiency so we can do more work for quickly. At All State Appraisal Partners, Inc. we know that time is important to everybody, so we've listed a couple of items you can do to accelerate the process whenever you order an appraisal from All State Appraisal Partners, Inc..
- Always order your appraisals online.
- With online ordering, you automatically receive e-mail confirmations that the request was received, and fast, secure .PDF format report delivery. Online ordering is the single biggest time saver available to both of us! We don't have to retype information from a fax, and nor will you wonder whether we received the order.
- Are you providing complete and accurate data about the subject property?
- There's nothing like being one number off on the street address to add unnecessary time to an appraisal assignment. And if you have a tax parcel number, plat map number, subdivision name or anything else that uniquely identifies the property, please pass it along. Even a list of recent area sales is welcome — though be advised that professional appraisers must always do their own due diligence on comparable sales, and ours might differ from yours.
If you have any questions about your property or an appraisal we're working on for you, you're always free to contact us
- Are you letting us know up front any details of the property that might make it distinct?
- It's relatively easy to appraise a cookie-cutter house. What takes time is analyzing how unique elements add to or detract from what otherwise would be a property's market value. At the time you order your report, be sure to let us know if there are unique characteristics of the home or surrounding area -- for example, it's had a recent addition put on, it's subject to zoning restrictions, it's susceptible to flooding. These are things we'll find out on our own anyway, and knowing them early on is likely to make your report arrive faster.
- Let the occupants know what to expect.
- One of the most time consuming parts of the appraisal process is setting an inspection date with the current homeowner. We understand that a homeowner may be uneasy with an unknown person looking in every corner of their home, taking photos, and making lots of notes. Many commonly think they need to make the place spotless before the appraisal inspection, with the idea that will increase the appraised value. So they reschedule the appraisal inspection until they have cleaned.
Hearing from you -- the person they have been working with on their loan -- some information about the appraisal process, who we are, and especially that dusting and polishing won't affect their home's value one little bit, and likely shorten the appraisal inspection time. Our website has numerous pages of useful information about the appraisal process for homeowners. Please feel free to share it with your customers. Advise them to call us if they want to meet our staff and learn more about our services. Remind them it benefits them to set the appointment without delay!
- Easily keep tabs on the status of your report on our website.
- No more phone and fax tag. Up-to-the-minute status updates are available online, anytime, 24/7. As we complete each important milestone in an assignment, that information is instantly available to you online. There's no easier or faster way to track your report's status.